Onychomycosis, sometimes known as nail fungus, is a severe disease that affects millions of people in the UK. This fungus infection, which can be complex to cure, can result in thickened, discolored, and brittle nails. Surgery may be necessary in extreme cases when conventional therapies like oral medicines and topical lotions are ineffective. But in recent years, Laser Nail Fungus treatments at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic has emerged as a practical way to cure nail fungus. This blog post will discuss the action of laser therapy for the treatment of nail fungus, its effectiveness and what to expect during and after treatment.
What is Laser Nail fungus treatment at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic?
Nail fungus can be treated non-invasively with laser therapy, which involves using a laser to locate and kill the fungus. The fungus is heated and killed by the laser beam as it passes through the nail and the surrounding tissue without causing any damage to either. A certain wavelength of light that the laser emits is absorbed by the fungus and causes it to heat up and eventually die. The body's natural immune system is also stimulated by the laser, which helps in preventing illness.
How does Laser Nail Fungus treatment at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic work?
The colour in the fungal cells is targeted by a precise wavelength of light in laser therapy, which causes the cells to heat up and die. When a laser is pointed at a diseased nail and the tissue around it, the heat it produces kills the fungus. The body's immune system is then boosted by the laser. There is no downtime or recuperation period following the treatment, and the procedure is safe and painless.
Is Laser Therapy effective for Fungal Nail treatment at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic?
Even though laser treatment is a pretty modern method of curing nail fungus, numerous studies have produced encouraging findings. A study in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Society found that 77% of individuals with nail fungus improved considerably to laser therapy for fungal nails. Similar success rates have been observed by other research. The number of sessions needed, the type of fungus present, and the severity of the infection all affect how effective laser therapy will be. To entirely get rid of the fungus, it may occasionally take several treatments.
Advantages of Laser treatment for Nail Fungus
Our Expert and Specialist Podiatrists for Nail Fungus treatments at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic consistently deliver exceptional results!
- Non-invasive: Laser treatment for Nail Fungus is an effective option that doesn't involve any intrusive procedures or incisions. It is a painless process that doesn't involve any downtime or Anaesthetic.
- Safe and painless: Laser Fungal Nail therapy is a safe and painless treatment option that does not have any significant side effects. During the process, patients could feel a little heated or uncomfortable, although this usually passes quickly after the procedure.
- Convenient and quick: Laser Nail Fungus Treatment at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic is a practical and fast treatment option, with sessions typically lasting between 10 and 30 minutes. Following treatment, patients can immediately return to their regular activities.
- High success rates: Studies have shown that laser therapy for nail fungus can effectively treat nail fungus up to 90% of the time.
Is laser therapy a good option for nail fungus?
For those who have not reacted to other therapies for their nail fungus or who are unable to use oral drugs due to adverse effects or problems with other medications, laser therapy for Nail Fungus is a good choice. It's also a wonderful choice for people who want to avoid surgery or prefer non-invasive therapies. Laser therapy is a popular treatment choice for many people since it is secure, painless, and has very few side effects.
What to Expect During Treatment for Nail Fungus at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic:
- Consultation and assessment: At Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic, a consultation with a dermatologist or field expert is the initial stage in the treatment of nail fungus. Your nails will be examined by the dermatologist, who will also assess how severe the infection is. Furthermore, a sample of the infected nail might be taken for laboratory analysis.
- Treatment options: The dermatologist will suggest a course of treatment that may involve laser therapy or topical antifungal medications depending on the severity of the infection. In contrast to topical antifungal treatments, which are administered directly to the affected nail, laser therapy includes administering a laser to target and eliminate the fungus.
- Procedure: If you decide to use laser therapy, each session will usually last between 10 and 30 minutes. In order to heat up and kill the fungus without harming the surrounding tissue, the dermatologist will focus the laser during the operation on the diseased nail and the surrounding tissue. Direct application of topical antifungal treatments to the diseased nail may require daily application for several weeks.
After the initial treatment, you must make follow-up sessions with your dermatologist to check on your progress and decide whether further treatments are necessary.
What to Expect Following Therapy for Nail Fungus:
- Nail growth: It may take several months for your nails to totally recover following nail fungus therapy. The damaged area of your nails will eventually grow out as they mature, and they will be replaced by new, healthy nails.
- Potential adverse effects include redness, swelling, and warmth at the treatment site, although Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic's nail fungus treatment is safe and effective. After receiving therapy, these side effects usually go away within a few hours.
- Prevention strategies: Your Revitalise London dermatologist may suggest certain preventative steps, such as keeping your nails clean and dry, wearing breathable shoes, and avoiding sharing nail clippers and other personal items, to help prevent the return of nail fungus.
Treatment for nail fungus might be difficult, but with the appropriate strategy, the disease can be cured and healthy nails can be restored. Our effective nail fungus treatment options at Revitalise London Dermatology Clinic include laser therapy and topical antifungal medications. Our skilled dermatologists will provide you with individualised attention both during and after treatment, and we will collaborate with you to guarantee the greatest result. Set up a consultation with us right away if you're suffering from nail fungus.